February 20, 2010

Soup Tomorrow

Hubby and I shared a frozen pizza for lunch so I thought I'd go ahead and roast some veggies while the oven was still hot.
Tomorrow I'll put these in a soup pot with some other ingredients for a super healthy roasted vegetable soup.
I browsed through this cookbook for some ideas, and decided to make two soups instead of one. Their Pureed Carrot Soup with Nutmeg and Pureed Cauliflower Soup with Coriander sound yummy. I'll vary these a little, omitting the dairy, and see how they turn out.
For now, the veggies are all packed up and ready to refrigerate until tomorrow. In addition to the soups, we'll be making Baked Chicken with Onions and Leeks (for Hubby) from the April issue of Eating Well magazine, and Wheat Berry Salad (love this!).
Sunday afternoon cooking is so satisfying. A few hours in the kitchen and we're prepared for a week of healthy eating. Happy Weekend!